Welcome everybody to Year 1!
We will be learning about lots of exciting things this term. In Topic we are learning all about the Seaside and we are getting excited to go on our trip to the beach in July. In Science we have been learning to name and recognise a variety of common wild and garden plants. We have also explored deciduous and evergreen trees We are working really hard in our Phonics lessons and are practising to read and write all the sounds we have learnt so far. We have read lots of interesting books particularly'The Lighthouse Keeper's Lunch' by Ronda Armitage, who is the Author we are learning about this term.
Please explore this page to see some of the fantastic work we he have done so far.
Thank you for visiting
Miss Brougham, Miss Gilchrist and Mrs Fulton
Home 1 Reminders
- We have PE on Monday and Wednesday, please ensure your child has a full PE kit in school on these days.
- Homework is given out on a Monday and should be completed and retuned to school on Thursday. Please support your child with their spelling and Maths homework.
- Reading- Please support your child with their home reading by setting aside 10 minutes a day to read with them.
- Book bags- It is essential for children to bring their book bags into school every day. Any letters or notices will be placed into your child's book bag along with their reading book and homework. Please be sure to check this regularly.
- Snack money is 50p per week. Please pay for this on a Monday.
Thank you again for your continued support,