Welcome to Home 1
Welcome to the wonderful world of Year 1! The children have now settled in and have been very busy already. This term our Topic is Africa and different homes. We have looked at the story of Handa's surprise and have explored the different environments in Africa. We have focused on the different houses in Africa and how they are similar and yet also different to our own. We are now getting ready to create our very own houses for our Design and Technology project which the children are very excited about! We have also been learning about where Africa is in the world and we love singing along to the Continents and Oceans song. Please watch and join in at the bottom of this page.
You can also see some of the fantastic work we have completed so far by clicking on the subjects below.
Thank you for visiting
Mrs Casey, Miss Gilchrist and Mrs Fulton
Home 1 Reminders
- We have PE on Tuesday and Friday, please ensure your child has a full PE kit in school on these days.
- Homework is given out on a Friday and should be completed and returned to school the following Friday. Please support your child with their spelling and Maths homework.
- Reading- Please support your child with their home reading by setting aside 10 minutes a day to read with them.
- Book bags- It is essential for children to bring their book bags into school every day. Any letters or notices will be placed into your child's book bag along with their reading book and homework. Please be sure to check this regularly.
- Snack money is 50p per week. Please pay for this on a Monday.
Thank you again for your continued support,