Welcome to Year 2
Year 2 enjoyed the Autumn term and Spring Term and are now busy completing their Summer Term Work. This term we are learning all about Gardens. We will be studying the school gardens and we will be completing lots of science work learning about plants, garden animals and minibeasts. Our role play area will be converted into a busy garden centre and we will be doing lots of planting and growing in the school gardens. Please click on the individual subjects below to see what have been learning about in more detail.
Some key things to remember about Year 2...
- P.E is every Tuesday and Thursday and children need their P.E kits for each lesson(white tshirt, black shorts and pumps/trainers).
- Snack money is 50p per week and is to be paid on a Monday.
- Homework is given out on a Friday and is to be handed back in on a Monday. It is very important that all pupils complete their homework each week and return it to school on time.
- Year 2 are expected to read very nigt at home. We ask that parents and carers will support children with their reading and homework.
- Year 2 have important government assessments in May which we will inform parents about in more detail later on in the year.
We hope you enjoy looking at the Year 2 class page and enjoy seeing what we have been learning about.
If any parents or carers have any questions or queries about Year 2 then plese feel free to come and speak to Mrs Woods (class teacher)or Mrs Roscoe (class teaching assistant) and we will be happy to help.