Welcome to Year 2
Year 2 enjoyed the Autumn term and are now busy completing their Spring Term Work. This term we are learning all about London. We are studying the different landmarks and buidlings in London and comparing what London is like compared to Kirkby. We have a new role play area to fit in with our topic and we can even drive our own double decker bus around London! Please click on the individual subjects below to see what have been learning about in more detail.
Some key things to remember about Year 2...
- P.E is every Tuesday and Thursday and children need their P.E kits for each lesson(white tshirt, black shorts and pumps/trainers).
- Snack money is 50p per week and is to be paid on a Monday.
- Homework is given out on a Friday and is to be handed back in on a Monday. It is very important that all pupils complete their homework each week and return it to school on time.
- Year 2 are expected to read very nigt at home. We ask that parents and carers will support children with their reading and homework.
- Year 2 have important government assessments in May which we will inform parents about in more detail later on in the year.
We hope you enjoy looking at the Year 2 class page and enjoy seeing what we have been learning about.
If any parents or carers have any questions or queries about Year 2 then plese feel free to come and speak to Mrs Woods (class teacher)or Mrs Roscoe (class teaching assistant) and we will be happy to help.