Welcome to the Home 5 page!
We are really pleased with how well the children have settled in to Home 5! All the children have been working extremely hard so far this term and have already produced some fantastic work to be proud of. Year 5 will present the children with lots of new challenges however they will be able to overcome these challenges and continue to develop their knowledge and skills through a fun, exciting and creative curriculum!
In Home 5 the children will have the opportunity to experience the following topics and activities:
- A cross curricular study of Space
- Across curricular study of The Groovy Greeks
- A cross curricular study of The Rainforest
- Exploring the life and work of the famous composer Mozart
- Exploring the life and work of three authors including Pete Johnson, Philip Pullman and Anthony Horowitz
- Exploring the life and work of the artist Henri Rousseau
- Participating in the Shakespeare Schools Festival by performing the play Macbeth live on stage at the Epstein Theatre!
These are just a few of the exciting things we can look forward to this year!
Home 5 Reminders
- We have PE every Thursday and Friday, all children will be expected to have full PE kits in school on these days
- The children will receive homework every Friday, this is to be completed and returned to school on or before Wednesday. If the children have any difficulties with their homework they can speak to us on Monday or Tuesday
- As part of their homework children will be given times table facts and spelling rules to practice. Please support your child with the learning of these.
- Snack money is 50p each week, if you would like your child to have snack please send 50p in every Monday morning
- Please ensure the children have their book bags in school everyday and are reading at home on a daily basis. Please support your child with their reading by listening to them and questioning them about what they have read.
Don't forget to visit our pages below to see some of the fantastic work and activities the children have completed. Our 'Home 5
News' page (also below) will be updated with announcements and reminders specific to Home 5.
We are looking forward to an exciting year and we hope you are too!
Miss Walton and Miss Jones