Welcome to the Home 5 page!
We are really pleased with how well the children have settled in to Home 5. All the children have been working extremely hard so far this term and have already produced some fantastic work to be proud of. Year 5 will present the children with lots of new challenges and opportunities to enrich their learning. Through a partnership approach to learning, they will be able to overcome challenges and continue to develop their knowledge and skills through a fun, exciting and creative curriculum!
In Home 5 the children will have the opportunity to experience the following topics and activities:
- A cross curricular study of Space
- A cross curricular study of The Groovy Greeks
- A cross curricular study of The Rainforest
- Exploring the life and work of the famous composer Mozart
- Exploring the life and work of three authors including Louis Sacher (rhymes with "cracker"!), Philip Pullman and Anthony Horowitz
- Exploring the life and work of the artist Henri Rousseau
These are just a few of the exciting things we can look forward to this year!
Home 5 Reminders
- We have PE every Wednesday and Thursday; all children will be expected to have full PE kits in school on these days
- The children will receive homework every Tuesday, this is to be completed and returned to school on or before Friday of the same week. If the children have any difficulties with their homework they can speak to us on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
- As part of their homework children will be expected to practice times table facts and weekly spelling rules and lists of Y5 Statutory words. Please support your child with the learning of these: Spelling tests are every Monday.
- Snack money is 50p each week, if you would like your child to have snack please send 50p in every Monday morning
- Please ensure the children have their book bags in school everyday and are reading at home on a daily basis. Please support your child with their reading by listening to them read every day for 10 minutes and questioning them about what they have read.
Don't forget to visit our pages below to see some of the fantastic work and activities the children have completed. Our 'Home 5
News' page (also below) will be updated with announcements and reminders specific to Home 5.
We are looking forward to an exciting year and we hope you are too!
Thanks for your continuing support,
Mrs Hudson, Mrs Pybis and Miss Hedges