Welcome to the
The children have settled in really well and are beginning to show that they are ready for the challenges that year 6 will bring. Year 6 is not just about SATS! Over the coming year the children will have the opportunity to develop their skills, knowledge and understanding in all subject areas by accessing a fun, engaging, creative and challenging curriculum that will further enrich their learning.
Over the year the children will have the opportunity to study:
- World War 2 - The Liverpool Story
- The Vicious Vikings
- The works of the artist Andy Warhol
- The works of the composer John Williams
- The authors David Walliams (Autumn Term) John Boyne and David Almond (Spring Term); and Eoin Colfer (Summer term)
Home 6 - Information
- Home 6 have PE on Monday and Friday. Please ensure that children have their full P.E. kits in school on these days.
- English and Maths homework is given out weekly. The children will be given homework on a Friday to be returned the following Wednesday. If the children have problems with their homework and require further support, they can speak to us on Monday or Tuesday.
- Reading - It is essential that children are reading at home on a regular basis. Please support your child with their reading by listening to them and questioning them about what they have read. Children must bring their reading book into school every day.
- Times tables - Children should regularly practice their times tables up to 12 x 12. Having quick recall of both the multiplication and division facts will greatly help them in other areas of the maths curriculum.
- Mathletics and Spelladrome - Children will have been given a login that will allow them to access both websites. The websites can be used via the web address or via an app (tablets). Children are strongly encouraged to regularly use both sites. Regular use is rewarded with certificates which are given out in praise assembly. Please note that the children will also be set homework on Mathletics. They must complete the homework to access the available activities and live Mathletics.
- Snack money is 50p per week; please pay for this on a Monday.
Thank you for your continued support, we look forward to the year ahead!
Miss Walton and Mrs Pybis