The Crafty Kids club wil begin on Thursday 6th of November for selected pupils from years 5&6. The children will be learning a variety of card making techniques to produce lovely Christmas cards, which will then be sold at the school Christmas Fayre. Here are some of the skills they will learn in the club.
- Decoupage: Building up parts of a picture in layers to create a 3D effect to part of the card.
- Matting and layering: using mirror card and decorative paper in layers, creating multiple thin boarders around the edge of the card center piece.
- Die cutting and embossing: Using a Big Shot hand driven embosser/cutter to create a variety of shapes using a die to cut card or paper. This machine will also emboss a pattern or picture onto any type of card or paper.
- Embellishments: Various types of glitter, sequins, diamontes, ribbon and buttons to enhance their cards.
- Easle cards:A card that is folded in different ways to create an easle or twisted easle shape.
- Mrs Roscoe and Mrs Hughes are looking forward to the club and we are sure you will be proud of your child's finished products.
Crafty kids after school club began today 6 th November.
We began making Christmas cards to sell at our Christmas Fayre.
The children all had fun cutting, sticking and glueing. Pictures to follow soon