Welcome to Home 2!
Home 2 have settled in well after Christmas and are all working very hard in class! We are delighted with the progress they are all making – keep it up Home 2!
Over the year, we will be studying:
- The Lonely Beast, Claude in the City and Pattan’s Pumpkin (Power of Reading – English)
- Castles, London and Gardens (Topic)
- Animals inc Humans, Everyday Materials, Seasons, Plants, Living Things and their Habitats (Science)
- Festivals of Light, Christianity and Special Places (R.E)
- The artwork of William Morris
- Babette Cole, Allan Ahlberg and Michael Foreman (Authors)
- Please see the Y2 overview for more information!
Home 2 information:
- Homework and spellings are given out every Friday. Spellings are tested the following Thursday.
- Home 2 P.E days are Wednesday and Thursday. Please ensure your child has a full kit in school which they can take home each half term.
- Snack money is collected every Monday morning, which is 50p for the week.
- Reading books are changed at least 3 times a week. Please ensure you are discussing the story you’re your child and let us know if your child needs a new book in their reading record.
- New information is posted on the Y2 Parents’ Notice Board.
Please take a look at the tabs below to find out more about what we do in Year 2.
Miss Bennett, Mrs Fulton and Mrs Coltman.