Welcome to Year 2!
Year 2 is a fun and fantastic Year where children learn lots and grow and develop into confident, clever children
Over the year, we will be studying:
- Lots of different texts through our English scheme called Read to Write. Our first book is called 'A River ' by Marc Martin. We will then move onto reading some wonderful texts such as 'The Night Gardener' by Eric Fan and the Fan Brothers and 'The Bog Baby' by Jeanne Willis. Our first class reader will be The Owl who is afraid of the Dark. We love reading in Year 2 so will really enjoy these texts.
- The Weather, Seasons, Our Wonderful World (Geography)
- Animals inc Humans, Everyday Materials, Seasons, Plants, Living Things and their Habitats (Science)
- Kindness, Christianity and Judaism (R.E)
- The artwork of Picasso.
- Babette Cole and Allan Ahlberg (Authors)
- Please see the Y2 overview for more information!
Year 2 information:
- Homework and spellings are given out every Friday through seesaw or in homework books. Spellings are tested the following Friday.
- Year 2 P.E day is Wednesday. Please ensure your child wears a full kit to school every Wednesday. ( white t-shirt, leggings/tracksuit bottoms, trainers/pumps and school cardigan/jumper)
- Snack money is collected every Monday morning, which is 50p for the week.
- Reading books are changed every Friday. Please ensure you are discussing the story with your child and let us know if your child needs a new book in their reading record.
- New information is posted on seesaw, this page or on the Eastcroft Park Twitter feed.
Please take a look at the tabs below to find out more about what we do in Year 2.
Mrs Woods, Miss Gilchrist and Mrs Fulton
Find out about the Read Write Inc system we use to teach phonics on the following page: