Welcome to Year 2!
Year 2 have settled in to their new class well and have all been working really hard.We are delighted with the progress they are all making – keep it up Year 2!
Over the year, we will be studying:
- The Lonely Beast and Claude and the City will be two of our Power of Reading books. Our first class reader will be The Owl who is afraid of the Dark. We love reading in Year 2 so will really enjoy these texts.
- The U.K and London (Geography)
- Animals inc Humans, Everyday Materials, Seasons, Plants, Living Things and their Habitats (Science)
- Festivals of Light, Christianity and Special Places (R.E)
- The artwork of Picasso.
- Babette Cole, Allan Ahlberg and Michael Foreman (Authors)
- Please see the Y2 overview for more information!
Home 2 information:
- Homework and spellings are given out every Friday. Spellings are tested the following Thursday.
- Home 2 P.E days are Monday and Friday. Please ensure your child has a full kit in school which they can take home each half term.
- Snack money is collected every Monday morning, which is 50p for the week.
- Reading books are changed at least 3 times a week. Please ensure you are discussing the story with your child and let us know if your child needs a new book in their reading record.
- New information is posted on this page or on the Eastcroft Park Twitter feed.
Please take a look at the tabs below to find out more about what we do in Year 2.
Mrs Woods, Mrs Fulton and Miss Bowers.