Welcome to Year 3!
Home 3 are settling in really well, and are constantly impressing me with their excellent behaviour and the effort they are putting in to their work so far!
Home 3 information:
- Homework is given out every Friday, and will be checked the following Thursday. Children will have a times tables test and a spelling test in the week based on part of their homework.
- Our PE day is Wednesday. Children are to come in wearing their PE kit with their school jumper.
- Snack money is collected every Monday morning, which is 50p for the week.
- Children should still be reading every day for 10 minutes and they need their reading records signed.
Over the year, we will be studying:
- A variety of different texts, both fiction and non fiction
- The Stone Age to Iron Age, our local history and the Romans
- North America, compass skills, oceans, rivers and mountain ranges and mapping skills (Geography)
- Animals inc Humans, Light, Forces and Magnets, Plants, Rocks and Scientists and Inventors(Science)
- Sikhism and Christianity
- The artwork of Vincent Van Gogh and musical stylings of Prokofiev
- Michael Morpurgo, Anne Fine and Dick King Smith(Authors)
- Please see the Y3 overview for more information!
Please take a look at the tabs below to find out more about what we do in Year 3. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to grab me before or after school, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Hughes and Miss Hunter