Welcome to Year 3!
Home 3 have settled in well and are all working hard in class to be good role models to the infants.
Home 3 information:
- Homework (Spellings and Times Tables) are given out every Thursday in Homework books. Spellings are tested the following week and homework is due in the following Thursday.
- Home 3 PE days are Tuesday and Thursday. Please ensure your child has a full kit in school which they can take home each half term.
- Snack money is collected every Monday morning, which is 50p for the week.
- Reading books are changed at least 3 times a week. Please make sure your child is reading for at least 10 minutes per day, and ensure you are discussing the story with your child. Children need to put their book bags in our box to ensure that it gets changed.
- New information is posted on the Y3 window,
Over the year, we will be studying:
- The Iron Man, The Lion, the Unicorn and other Hairy Tales and Pebble in my Pocket.
- Mayans, Our Local Area and the Stone Age (History)
- North America, compass skills, oceans, rivers and mountain ranges and mapping skills (Geography)
- Animals inc Humans, Light, Forces and Magnets, Plants, Rocks and Scientists and Inventors(Science)
- Care and Concern, The story of Mary and Joseph, The Easter Story, Sikhism and Special People (RE)
- The artwork of Vincent Van Gogh and musical stylings of Prokofiev
- Michael Morpurgo, Anne Fine and Dick King Smith(Authors)
- Please see the Y3 overview for more information!
Please take a look at the tabs below to find out more about what we do in Year 3. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to grab me before or after school!
Miss Hughes and Miss Hedges