Welcome to Year 3!
Home 3 are settling in really well, and are constantly impressing me with their excellent behaviour and the effort they are putting in to their work so far!
Home 3 information:
- Homework is given out via Seesaw every Friday, and will be checked the following Thursday. Children will have a times tables test and a spelling test in the week based on part of their homework.
- Our PE day is Tuesday. Children are to come in wearing their PE kit with their school jumper.
- Snack money is collected every Monday morning, which is 50p for the week.
- Due to new restrictions, reading books can only be changed on a Monday and a Thursday. Children should still be reading every day for 10 minutes. If children have finished their school reading book, they can choose a book from home to read and record this in their reading records.
Over the year, we will be studying:
- A variety of different texts, both fiction and non fiction
- Mayans, Egyptians and the Stone Age (History)
- North America, compass skills, oceans, rivers and mountain ranges and mapping skills (Geography)
- Animals inc Humans, Light, Forces and Magnets, Plants, Rocks and Scientists and Inventors(Science)
- Care and Concern, The story of Mary and Joseph, The Easter Story, Sikhism and Special People (RE)
- The artwork of Vincent Van Gogh and musical stylings of Prokofiev
- Michael Morpurgo, Anne Fine and Dick King Smith(Authors)
- Please see the Y3 overview for more information!
Please take a look at the tabs below to find out more about what we do in Year 3. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to grab me before or after school!