The children have settled in really well and are beginning to show that they are ready for the challenges that Year 6 will bring. Year 6 is not just about SATs! Over the coming year, the children will have the opportunity to develop their skills, knowledge and understanding in all subject areas by accessing a fun, engaging, creative and challenging curriculum that will further enrich their learning.
Over the year the children will have the opportunity to study:
- The Anglo-Saxons: were the Anglo-Saxons really smashing?
- The Vikings: would the Vikings do anything for money?
- The Impact of war: did WWI or WWII have the biggest impact on our locality?
- South America- The Amazon: what is life like in the Amazon?
- Protecting the Environment: are we damaging our world?
- Out Future World: what will our world look like in the future?
- Science: Animals Including Humans, Classifying Organisms, Light, Electricity and Evolution and Inheritance
- The works of the artist Andy Warhol
- The works of the composer John Williams
- The authors David Walliams (Autumn Term), Tony Bradman (Spring Term) and David Almond (Summer Term)
Thank you for your continued support, we look forward to the year ahead!
Miss Walton and Mrs Pybis