If you would like your child to attend our school, please see full details of our admission arrangements below.
Applying for a place at this school
Eastcroft Park School is a community primary school where we welcome all applicants. We welcome visits to the school by families who may be interested in applying – please contact us on 0151 477 8210 and we will make an appointment for you to visit.
It is usually possible to offer places to all who apply. If however, there are more applicants than places, the school has an admissions policy that is used to decide who has priority.
School Admissions Policy
The admission policy for 2020-21 is reproduced in the local authority’s Primary composite prospectus 2021/22
which is available on the Knowsley Council website; https://www.knowsley.gov.uk/knowsleycouncil/media/Documents/2021-22-Primary-Admission-Booklet.pdf
The booklet gives you all the information you’ll need to apply for school places.
Applications for admission to reception classes and transfer to secondary school in September 2021
· Schools will not receive copies of the admission booklets to distribute as in previous years – we have a new online portal and request all parents apply online wherever possible. The online portal will be available via the Knowsley website from Friday 11 September and parents can apply for reception places or year 7 transfer after this date. Paper applications will only be available by individual parent request to our team if the parent does not have access to the online facility.
We are told there is an option for schools to support parents making an online application via the establishment portal of EYES that schools have access to, but appreciate you may not yet have received training in this area so there is no expectation form our team for schools to do this until you are comfortable to do so.
· We are sending a letter to the parents of all year 6 children to make them aware of the application process. This letter includes a UID reference that can be input on the application portal to match the application to LA records for the child. However, parents can still make an online application without the UID. Pupil data has been taken from the LA database which is populated form school systems so the majority of data should be accurate but we may contact you if any queries arise.
· We plan to send a similar letter to children of pre school age but are reliant on pupil data being available on our database, therefore we will not send this letter until later in the month to ensure schools have had time to add any new nursery starters.
· Attached is an A4 poster to advertise the process – we would be grateful if you could print copies to display in school as appropriate. It would also be helpful if you could use the information on this poster in any other communication methods you have with parents to advise the application period is now open (newsletters, parents app etc.)
· Application closing dates for Knowsley residents remain unchanged and are 31 October for secondary applications and 15 January for reception applications.
· Faith schools who require supplementary forms to be completed by parents wishing to provide faith information should ensure they have processes in place for parents to obtain and return these forms and also make parents aware of this requirement (there is also information in the LA documentation and on our website).
Our web pages have been updated and can be found at https://www.knowsley.gov.uk/residents/education-and-schools/apply-for-a-school-place and I have attached the following documents that may be a useful reference tool for you:
· Copy of the letter issued to year 6 parents
· Copy of the Primary Admission Booklet
· Copy of Primary Admission Poster
· Copy of the Secondary Admission Booklet
· Copy of Secondary Admission Poster
We hope to circulate a hard copy of each booklet to each school in the coming weeks as an office reference but please bear with us as we are still working remotely and these things are taking a little longer than usual to coordinate in the current circumstances.
In year transfer applications
· Primary schools continue to receive and administer directly in year transfer applications in accordance with local process and report the outcome of such applications (places offered, refused and vacancy data) via the weekly return.
· For rare cases that may need to be considered by fair access panel, please contact the team for advice – the 2020/21 fair access protocol is to be ratified by panel at their first meeting of the school year and will be circulated to schools once agreed.
· Can I also remind schools that there is an ongoing DfE consultation in respect of the School Admission Code and the proposed changes mostly relate to in-year admission and FAP. Information about the consultation was issued via the schools circular in early July and I welcome any comments from schools as I will be preparing an LA response to the consultation in the near future.
· It is likely that any changes to the Code will result in a need to review current in-year and FAP processes during the coming year school year and I will keep you updated regarding this.
· In year information for parents, including a copy of the in year application form can be found at https://www.knowsley.gov.uk/residents/education-and-schools/apply-for-a-school-place/in-year-school-admission-procedures but if you would like a pdf copy of any of these to print in school please let us know and we will send them.
Nursery class admissions
· Schools continue to receive and administer directly applications for nursery class admission. We have updated information in respect of nursery admission – this includes the oversubscription criteria for community schools and those academy schools who have adopted this policy and the relevant application form for parents to be used by community schools (other schools are also welcome to use this form if they wish).
· All documents can be found at https://www.knowsley.gov.uk/residents/education-and-schools/apply-for-a-school-place/nursery-class-admissions
· For community schools and those academy schools who operate the LA nursery admission policy in the event of oversubscription, please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any support applying the policy.